Monday, January 26, 2015

Revisiting an Old Favorite

We're on vacation this week, which means while our friends and family back home are getting blizzard conditions and up to 3' of snow ... we are not.

Because the weather is so ideally suited for something tropical, I've put together a batch of hibiscus sangria.

The recipe can be found in 101 Sangrias and Pitcher Drinks, a book I'd never laid eyes on until Sunday, when I found it in a gift shop in one of the local tourist traps. (I love tourist traps, by the way. I shouldn't, but I do.)

While I won't do a full review, I will say that, aside from a fairly pricey and kind of quirky ingredient (um, Hendrick's Gin anyone?), the assembly is simple, fast, and I can do it practically from memory.

There's a lovely batch steeping in the fridge and it will be ready for imbibing, poolside, tomorrow afternoon.

When in Rome, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment